Monday, October 13, 2014


28th Amendment

                I am proposing that we add a 28th amendment to the Constitution. I believe that the winners in an election are based on popular vote. Elections should be decided how the people vote and not how many electoral votes someone gets.

                I feel that more people would vote if elections were decided on popular vote because they would feel that their votes are more important. I believe that people would have more of a say in the government if they elections were based this way because their opinion would matter more.

                Also if elections were based on popular vote, small states would have more of a say in elections. Right now small states like South Dakota and its people only get 3 votes in a presidential election, but if elections were based on popular vote, the many people living here would be a bigger part of the election and their votes would matter more.  

6 comments:

  1. I agree with your amendment. I think that it should be based on popular vote. Little states (population wise) should have a greater say in things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. votes are more important if they are popular votes. it sounds reasonable and it would have more to say if it were based on popular votes, you are absolutely right tory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that making the vote go by the popular vote would probably get more people involved in voting. I also agree that it would make our votes seem like they matter more. #Power to the people

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your blog. The people should have a bigger say in our voting. Why vote if you don't get the overall say?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your amendment. I think that it should be a popular vote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree with your amendment. I think that it should be based on the popular vote.

    ReplyDelete